General Sales Manager
Riviera Broadcasting is looking for a General Sales Manager to oversee all aspects of sales operations for Riviera’s three Phoenix stations – Hot 97.5/ 103.9, Power 98.3/ 96.1, and 95.1/94.9 The Oasis. The GSM leads a growing team of sales professionals, and helps create, communicate, and lead long-term sales strategies that achieve growth and profitability, and ensures all budget and revenue targets are not only met, but are managed accurately and efficiently. The General Sales Manager is responsible for hiring, training, developing, growing, and retaining the sales team/department, as well as preparing the annual budget and effectively managing the sales department P&L. The GSM performs all job functions in compliance with the company’s policies, procedures, standards of performance, and applicable laws. This position is a crucial member of the Riviera Leadership Team, and reports directly to the CEO of Riviera Broadcasting.
The ideal candidate has a successful track record in overseeing and managing a media sales organization. He/she is a strategic thinker who uses their analytical, organizational, and observation skills to expertly negotiate, develop, execute, and manage sales strategies and personnel in order to drive revenue and meet customer needs. He/she is a dedicated and motivating leader of people and processes, and is capable of successfully managing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines under pressure. The ideal candidate demonstrates a high level of interpersonal, communication, persuasion, and presentation skills that enable them to cultivate outstanding relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts. He/she uses their critical thinking abilities to interpret and apply a variety of policies, procedures, and/or precedents in order to make effective decisions. They fully support the company’s mission, commitments, core values, and maintains the highest level of integrity, ethics, and professionalism in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Develop and execute sales and marketing strategies that maximize opportunities to meet or exceed budget goals and overall company objectives
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and develop all members of the broadcast media sales team to maximize productivity, growth, and retention; manage annual performance appraisals and employee contracts
- Mentor and guide the sales team(s) in building strong customer relationships, identifying value-added business opportunities, and cultivating accounts into long-term customer relationships
- Develop and manage monthly and annual sales forecast and inventory. Manage account assignments to ensure effective account management, customer satisfaction, development of new business and markets, and maximize revenue opportunities
- Establish individual annual sales goals for account managers and establish monthly, quarterly, and annual benchmarks
- Continually monitor and modify current sales strategies to ensure their viability in the constantly changing marketplace.
- Research and provide competitive information to the CEO and National Sales Manager, including competitive market rates and ratings, market/industry trends, and internal department developments. Assure compilation of competitive data and provide a continual flow of station and community information to all Account Executives and national agencies
- Update and/or develop sales procedures including sales contract forms, commission/incentive, and pricing/inventory procedures that garner maximum revenue in current market conditions
- Investigate new revenue streams, and develop creative concepts, promotions, and programs to maximize revenue and department personnel
- Manage the overall sales automation program of the division and assure full utilization of the hardware, software, systems, and reporting procedures established by the company
- Periodically accompany individual account managers on client calls to maintain a presence with station’s rep firm, agencies, and advertisers, to personally assess the effectiveness of station’s client service and to help develop new business
- Review and approve pricing on all strategic proposals, ensuring targets are met and deliverables are accurate
- Positively represent Riviera Broadcasting at client functions and in the community/marketplace
- Ensures outstanding customer service, internally and externally, from all levels of the sales department
- Perform any and all other assigned duties in professional and acceptable manner.
- Establishes Credibility
- Develops and Applies Strategy
- Communicates Articulately
- Exudes Executive Presence
- Leads Courageously
- Listens Actively
- Seizes Opportunities
- Strives for Success
- Delivers Compelling Presentations
- Demonstrates Flexibility/Resilience
- Embodies Organizational Image
- Maintains Strategic Business Perspective
- Coaches and Develops Others
- Holds Others Accountable
- Minimum 5 years of outside media sales management experience; media/communications experience required; broadcast media preferred
- Degree in business administration, communications, or related field (preferred)
- Proficient in MS Office programs and knowledge of CRM software (Efficio)
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and proven ability to safely drive personal vehicle without exposing company to serious liability risks
- Willing to work in a smoke-free environment.
Apply online here, through any our station websites listed below or by mail.
Mailing Address: Riviera Broadcasting, Attn: HR 4745 N 7th St, Suite 410, Phoenix, AZ 85014
Riviera Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Riviera Broadcasting is looking for a Sales Assistant to act as an extension of the sales organization for its Phoenix-based media group. The primary responsibilities of the Sales Assistant are to help Key Account Managers (KAM) and Sales Managers at Riviera’s three Phoenix stations – Hot 97.5/ 103.9, Power 98.3/96.1, and 95.1/94.9 The Oasis. They must provide an outstanding level of customer service in order to successfully and flawlessly meet the needs of clients. This position provides a tremendous opportunity to not only learn the media business from a radio sales perspective, but also act as a liaison with other departments and individuals in the organization, including: digital media, production and video, promotions, special events, station on-air personalities, etc.
Demonstrates a high level of professionalism, the ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills and the ability to effectively communicate internally with colleagues and externally with clients. They must be a team player who thrives in a collaborative environment and possesses a positive, “How Can I Help?” attitude. Candidate must maintain composure when faced with difficult situations or personalities, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. A self-motivated individual, who has the ability to take direction from multiple people, manage multiple tasks/projects, and meet all deadlines. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, demonstrates a competitive spirit, and has a passion to learn more and excel. Most importantly, they are responsive to the needs of colleagues and clients, and are dedicated to delivering the highest level of service to both.
- Possesses a working knowledge of – or the ability to learn – the organization’s sales procedures
- Provides administrative and/or process support for contract administration, customer service, and order history
- Acts as an extension of the sales team by assisting with client communications, marketing communications, and sponsorship recaps
- Provides outstanding customer service, internally and externally
- Responds to client requests, e.g. spot times and air checks
- Handles contracts and copy entry for KAM, manages KAM account database, prepares sales reports, files, and makes copies
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with attention to detail; has the ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines
- May be assigned any duties within the sales department, as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, data entry, administrative writing
- Familiar with Marketron or demonstrates ability to learn new systems quickly
- Media/Communications background, education, and/or experience preferred
APPLY: Apply online here , through any our station websites listed below or by mail.
Mailing Address: Riviera Broadcasting, Attn: HR 4745 N 7th St, Suite 410, Phoenix, AZ 85014
Riviera Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Assists Programming and Sales in various functions as needed. This includes but is not limited to: planning, setting up and staffing events; maintenance of all on-site promotional equipment and supplies, including station vehicles, tents, generators, broadcast equipment, and all other promotional accessories; contesting assistance and special assignments.
Must be 18 years or older, outgoing, organized and a dependable team player with a good driving record. Must be proficient in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and the Microsoft Office Suite. Must be able to work a flexible schedule (including weekends and evening events) Ability to lift objects in excess of 50lbs required.
Riviera Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Riviera Broadcasting participates in E-Verify and complies with all right to work laws.
Riviera Broadcasting is looking for highly motivated, high energy,outgoing individuals today…..
As a promotions intern, you will learn th e general functions of the promotions sector of a radio station. We are looking for students who are interested in a learning opportunity; where they can extend Radio Broadcasting education beyond the classroom while gaining valuable experience in the industry.
The internship will cover a quarter/semester period of approximately twenty (20) hours per week, with a schedule to be arranged by the intern, and the intern coordinator.
Promotions Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and greet the public at station events and interact with station clientele.
- Assist in preparing, setting up and implementing projects from start to finish.
- Project examples are: concerts, remotes, direct marketing and cross promotions with other media facets (TV and print)
- Research: target marketing and demographics
- Writing and sending out Press Releases
- Analysis, creation and implementation of promotional events
- Some administrative duties including phone, filing, data entry and general coordination of promotions related projects
- Other duties as assigned by the Pro motion Director.
- Need to be registered at a university, college, community college, or vocational technical institut e
- Must be in good academic standing and at least 18 years of age.
- Possess qualities of organization, able to meet deadlines, se lf starter, and proven ability to be precise and accurate. Work effectively in a team environment.
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures including internship policies.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rap port with s taff, management, and clients.
- Project professionalism in appearance and demeanor.
- Persons participating in the Riviera Broadcasting Radio internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment.
- Riviera Broadcasting may te rminate internship at an y time.
- Final selection of interns rests with Riviera Broadcasting.
- Riviera Broadcasting may te rminate internship at any time.
MEDIA ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE MAJOR MARKET
Riviera Broadcasting is a well-respected, privately -owned and operated media company is hiring experienced media sellers for its multi-platform cluster. If you are frustrated with corporate push down, waiting on decisions and the inability to move quickly, this position should be considered. Broadcast, digital, events, video capabilities, mobile and web platforms are all available to you as you create custom programs for advertising partners.
The ideal candidates will excel at presenting conceptual marketing plans to local, direct decision makers, utilizing both traditional concepts as well as evolving and expanding digital offerings. Candidates will have excellent prospecting skills, enjoy relationship building and be superb problem-solvers. We are looking for someone who is creative, tenacious, ethical and motivated to get results that will help our local businesses grow their business.
- Develops and maintains relationships: Builds and maintains relationships with other individuals or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Seizes opportunities: Is proactive and takes initiative and ownership for success.
- Persuades and influences: Effective at persuading others to change their mind or alter behavior.
- Demonstrate flexibility/resilience: Adapt to and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals, or groups. Adapt approaches as the requirements of a situation change. Manage pressure effectively and cope well with setbacks.
- Builds rapport: Easily establishes rapport and shares personal information to create common ground.
- Strives for results: Drives for results and focuses on improving performance outcomes.
- Strives for success: Gains internal satisfaction from accomplishing personal and business objectives and goals set by management.
- Exudes confidence: Projects an appropriate degree of self-confidence and personal capability to accomplish a task.
- Gains buy-in: Explores alternatives and positions to close new business and reach outcomes that gain support from all parties.
- Demonstrates curiosity: Has an underlying curiosity and desire to know more, taking the initiative to learn new information.
- Communicate articulately: Speaks and writes clearly and concisely, and demonstrates skill in using expressiveness to convey important points in verbal communication amongst everyone associated with Riviera Broadcasting.
- Builds customer loyalty: Focuses efforts on discovering and meeting customer needs and expectations. Ensures customer satisfaction by maintaining programs from start to finish.
- Reports: Accurately forecasts revenue to management and provides clear and concise recaps including proof of performance to clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Minimum (2) years of broadcast or media sales experience
- Proven track record for new business development and digital platform sales
As a digital intern, you will learn the general functions of the digital sector of a radio broadcast station. We are looking for students who are interested in a learning opportunity; where they can extend education beyond the classroom while gaining valuable experience in the industry.
As an intern, you will also be able to learn the different aspects and logistics of radio, and how everything comes together. You will have the opportunity to work with other departments within the station such as programming , sales and promotions.
- Digital editing skills
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Sony Vegas, Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut Pro Adobe Suite)
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Experience with operating professional video equipment and sound equipment
- Knowledge of DSLR Camera’s
- Knowledge of Lighting
- Eye for artistry, detail and storytelling clarity
- Ability to take direction from Director to fulfill their vision of the final product
- Knowledge of pre-production, production, post-production and delivery methods
- Willing to take feedback openly with a positive attitude, while also being willing and able to provide creative solutions
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsibility’s Load required equipment for scheduled shootHelp digital team unload and build setsEdit video based on template or script providedAssist producers and creative team in pre-production and productionWork with digital team and creative individuals (Jocks) to produce high-quality visual contentMust be comfortable with directing people. Creative. Willing to work with others on the same creative project with ability to cooperate.Edit interviews, commercials, event footage, promo videos, and other duties as assignedCapture photos at station eventsCreate motion graphics, bumpers, and lower thirds.Operate professional portable video equipment and professional editing equipment
- Click here to apply for Digital Internship
*Riviera Broadcasting, an equal opportunity employer, is dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at the station. We seek the help of local Community Organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. Community organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information should contact Human Resources at email@example.com or by calling 602-648-9800. In addition all listeners are encouraged to visit our online listing of job openings.