Riviera Broadcasting (Hot 97.5/103.9, Power 98.3/96.1 & The Oasis 95.1/94.9) is seeking a high-energy individual to join the team. As a Promotions Coordinator you will help engage the audience and build client loyalty for our three music stations in Phoenix, Arizona. Duties involve planning, implementing and assisting in the coordination of all promotional activities as they relate to product and sales fulfillment on-air and online. You will be an effective team member and assist in assuring the Promotions Department makes its full contribution to achieve established goals and objectives. If you love music, executing events and engaging social media this may be the job for you!
As the Promotions Coordinator, you will help move the music stations as we continue to grow and evolve.
Your responsibilities may include the following:
- Responsible for all street presence: this includes scheduling of all Promotion Assistants for station(s) events and maintaining accurate calendars for events/promotions on station(s) web sites, mobile apps and social networks
- Attend all major events and act as the liaison between sales/programming/promotions and promoters/talent/bands coordinating communication and deliverables (meet and greets, interviews, etc.)
- Scheduling prizes & live liners in Promo suite
- Maintain and distribute premiums (prizes) inventory
- Supervise and coach promotional staff to maintain and enhance on-street presence across the cluster
- Energetic individual with a passion for music
- Experience with marketing, particularly in social media
- Creative experience in successfully building and executing salespromotions
- Prefer previous experience in broadcasting or related business
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written presentation
- Creative writing and ideation
- Proven ability be a self-starter and initiate and work independently, if necessary, and operate effectively under high-pressure, time-sensitive situations
- High school education or equivalent
- Project a pleasant, energetic, businesslike image while representing the company
- Work effectively with the public, clients, hosts, and other employees
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Capable and willing to resolve unexpected problems and be flexible to perform unscheduled assignments
- Maintain a valid driver’s license with proven ability to safely drive personal vehicle without exposing company to liability risks
- Physical Demands: Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively. Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination Lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds consistently.
Riviera Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KOAI Part-Time Air Talent
KOAI-FM, The Oasis 95.1/94.9FM, is seeking a part time on air host. The ideal candidate must have knowledge of the station format and the ability to connect with today’s 35+ audience on-air, in-person and via social media/digital content.
Part-time on-air host
- Protect the license (via complete comprehension of FCC regulations, EAS procedures, and pay-for-play/plugola rules).
- Completely familiar with Scott Studios, Voxpro, Vibes and other cursory studio/broadcast equipment.
- Professional both in demeanor and dress both on and off the air (answering phones, interacting with listeners at events, etc.).
- Adept and consistent at creating and delivering social networking content (Blogs, Facebook, Twitter).
- Fully prepared for your shift, event, and appearance every day.
Core Competencies Required
- Accepts Coaching/Criticism
- Shows Creativity
- Strives for Results
- Builds Customer Loyalty
- Embodies Organization Image
Related Work Experience: Minimum 3 years on-air experience in a medium/large market.
Riviera Broadcasting is an EOE Employer.
This position will be the “director of first impressions”, with a warm personality, problem solving ability, and excellent written and spoken interpersonal communications skills. Responsibilities will also include greeting customers, listeners, and various administrative clerical tasks as needed.
- Open and Close the Office- Monday through Friday 8:30AM – 5:30PM ( 1 hour lunch)
- Cheerfully greet listeners and customers.
- Answer multi-line telephone, take messages, transfer calls and provide information requested
- Input winner data into prize suite, distribute prizes to winners and verify winner information
- Pick up and distribute mail daily no later than 2PM. Drop off mail and packages daily
- Notify recipient and deliver packages as received. Lock up packages not picked up in prize closet
- Store prizes in locked prize closet at all times
- Maintain conference room calendar
- Maintain and keep the reception area clean at all times
- Dress in a professional manner appropriate to the front desk
- Ensure that the reception area is covered at all times
- Assist other departments in various tasks
- Ability to answer the phone and communicate verbally
- Ability to read and understand text via the computer
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time based on the task
- Ability to manipulate computer keyboard and mouse
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 or more years of experience managing multi-line phone system
- Customer contact experience
- Proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook
Competencies and skills the position will be evaluated on:
- Verbal and written communication.
- Takes Direction
- Track and order office supplies as needed (including medical kit)
- Interact with Coffee and vending machine vendors
- Keep conference room clean
- Perform various administrative and clerical task as needed
Assists Programming and Sales in various functions as needed. This includes but is not limited to: planning, setting up and staffing events; maintenance of all on-site promotional equipment and supplies, including station vehicles, tents, generators, broadcast equipment, and all other promotional accessories; contesting assistance and special assignments.
Must be 18 years or older, outgoing, organized and a dependable team player with a good driving record. Must be proficient in social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and the Microsoft Office Suite. Must be able to work a flexible schedule (including weekends and evening events) Ability to lift objects in excess of 50lbs required.
Riviera Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Riviera Broadcasting participates in E-Verify and complies with all right to work laws.
Riviera Broadcasting is looking for highly motivated, high energy,outgoing individuals today…..
As a promotions intern, you will learn th e general functions of the promotions sector of a radio station. We are looking for students who are interested in a learning opportunity; where they can extend Radio Broadcasting education beyond the classroom while gaining valuable experience in the industry.
The internship will cover a quarter/semester period of approximately twenty (20) hours per week, with a schedule to be arranged by the intern, and the intern coordinator.
Promotions Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and greet the public at station events and interact with station clientele.
- Assist in preparing, setting up and implementing projects from start to finish.
- Project examples are: concerts, remotes, direct marketing and cross promotions with other media facets (TV and print)
- Research: target marketing and demographics
- Writing and sending out Press Releases
- Analysis, creation and implementation of promotional events
- Some administrative duties including phone, filing, data entry and general coordination of promotions related projects
- Other duties as assigned by the Pro motion Director.
- Need to be registered at a university, college, community college, or vocational technical institut e
- Must be in good academic standing and at least 18 years of age.
- Possess qualities of organization, able to meet deadlines, se lf starter, and proven ability to be precise and accurate. Work effectively in a team environment.
- Work in compliance with company policies and procedures including internship policies.
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rap port with s taff, management, and clients.
- Project professionalism in appearance and demeanor.
- Persons participating in the Riviera Broadcasting Radio internship need to understand that no guarantees are given for future employment.
- Riviera Broadcasting may te rminate internship at an y time.
- Final selection of interns rests with Riviera Broadcasting.
- Riviera Broadcasting may te rminate internship at any time.
MEDIA ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE MAJOR MARKET
Riviera Broadcasting is a well-respected, privately -owned and operated media company is hiring experienced media sellers for its multi-platform cluster. If you are frustrated with corporate push down, waiting on decisions and the inability to move quickly, this position should be considered. Broadcast, digital, events, video capabilities, mobile and web platforms are all available to you as you create custom programs for advertising partners.
The ideal candidates will excel at presenting conceptual marketing plans to local, direct decision makers, utilizing both traditional concepts as well as evolving and expanding digital offerings. Candidates will have excellent prospecting skills, enjoy relationship building and be superb problem-solvers. We are looking for someone who is creative, tenacious, ethical and motivated to get results that will help our local businesses grow their business.
- Develops and maintains relationships: Builds and maintains relationships with other individuals or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Seizes opportunities: Is proactive and takes initiative and ownership for success.
- Persuades and influences: Effective at persuading others to change their mind or alter behavior.
- Demonstrate flexibility/resilience: Adapt to and work effectively with a variety of situations, individuals, or groups. Adapt approaches as the requirements of a situation change. Manage pressure effectively and cope well with setbacks.
- Builds rapport: Easily establishes rapport and shares personal information to create common ground.
- Strives for results: Drives for results and focuses on improving performance outcomes.
- Strives for success: Gains internal satisfaction from accomplishing personal and business objectives and goals set by management.
- Exudes confidence: Projects an appropriate degree of self-confidence and personal capability to accomplish a task.
- Gains buy-in: Explores alternatives and positions to close new business and reach outcomes that gain support from all parties.
- Demonstrates curiosity: Has an underlying curiosity and desire to know more, taking the initiative to learn new information.
- Communicate articulately: Speaks and writes clearly and concisely, and demonstrates skill in using expressiveness to convey important points in verbal communication amongst everyone associated with Riviera Broadcasting.
- Builds customer loyalty: Focuses efforts on discovering and meeting customer needs and expectations. Ensures customer satisfaction by maintaining programs from start to finish.
- Reports: Accurately forecasts revenue to management and provides clear and concise recaps including proof of performance to clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Minimum (2) years of broadcast or media sales experience
- Proven track record for new business development and digital platform sales
As a digital intern, you will learn the general functions of the digital sector of a radio broadcast station. We are looking for students who are interested in a learning opportunity; where they can extend education beyond the classroom while gaining valuable experience in the industry.
As an intern, you will also be able to learn the different aspects and logistics of radio, and how everything comes together. You will have the opportunity to work with other departments within the station such as programming , sales and promotions.
- Digital editing skills
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Sony Vegas, Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut Pro Adobe Suite)
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Experience with operating professional video equipment and sound equipment
- Knowledge of DSLR Camera’s
- Knowledge of Lighting
- Eye for artistry, detail and storytelling clarity
- Ability to take direction from Director to fulfill their vision of the final product
- Knowledge of pre-production, production, post-production and delivery methods
- Willing to take feedback openly with a positive attitude, while also being willing and able to provide creative solutions
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsibility’s Load required equipment for scheduled shootHelp digital team unload and build setsEdit video based on template or script providedAssist producers and creative team in pre-production and productionWork with digital team and creative individuals (Jocks) to produce high-quality visual contentMust be comfortable with directing people. Creative. Willing to work with others on the same creative project with ability to cooperate.Edit interviews, commercials, event footage, promo videos, and other duties as assignedCapture photos at station eventsCreate motion graphics, bumpers, and lower thirds.Operate professional portable video equipment and professional editing equipment
- Click here to apply for Digital Internship
*Riviera Broadcasting, an equal opportunity employer, is dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at the station. We seek the help of local Community Organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. Community organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 602-648-9800. In addition all listeners are encouraged to visit our online listing of job openings.